Looking for an introduction to Python programming?
Use this guide to learn about basic principles, structures, and operations in Python.
You will be introduced to the following outcomes:
- Differentiating between common object types - numbers (floats and integers), strings, lists, dictionaries, tuples (Data/Object Types & Variable Assignment)
- Assigning objects to nuclear and container variables (Data/Object Types & Variable Assignment)
- Conducting basic mathematical operations (Operators)
- Conducting basic mathematical operations that update a variable (Assignment Operators)
- Differentiating between functions and methods
- Using common list, string, number, and dictionary methods (Common Methods)
- Identifying Python's indexing logic (Common Methods)
- Using common functions such as print () (Common Functions)
- Converting data types (Data Type Conversion)
- Importing and accessing the Math module (Introduction to Libraries/Modules: Math)
- Use comments to add details to code (Creating Comments)