If you do not have a Bloomberg account, start with steps 1 - 4.
1. Request a login: Go to https://portal.bloombergforeducation.com/login
2. Select "Sign Up" to request access with your Tulane email
3. After you request an account, a Turchin Library administrator will review your information and authorize your account. You will then receive an authentication email.
4. After receiving the authentication email, proceed with the steps below.
If you already have a Bloomberg account, proceed with steps 5 - 8.
5. Go to https://bba.bloomberg.net/
6. Enter your Bloomberg terminal username and password
7. A verification code will be sent to your email or mobile phone. Enter this code where requested.
8. You're in! If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
All Tulane library resources are licensed for academic purposes only. Using these resources for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited. Off-campus access is available only to current Tulane students, faculty, and staff. Tulane Library users are responsible for compliance with this policy. The complete policy on resource use is available here: Proper Use of Turchin Library's Licensed Databases.
Priority use of the terminals is for currently enrolled A.B. Freeman School of Business students completing course assignments.
Contractual obligations limit Bloomberg terminal use to current Tulane faculty, staff, and students.
Log in to any Bloomberg terminal. Select the Bloomberg icon and then follow these steps to set up your Bloomberg account:
1. Create your own login by hitting <GO> at the login screen.
2. Fill out the form.
3. Keep your cell phone handy. You will be sent a confirmation number by text message. Enter the confirmation number on the Bloomberg terminal.
4. Login with your newly created login information.
Turchin Library's Financial Analysis Lab has 12 Bloomberg terminals. The Lab is located on the 3rd floor of GWBC, Room 340. There is one Bloomberg terminal in the Library's Research Center, room 331.
Bloomberg terminals provide an integrated platform for price data, financials, news, trading data, and more. It also includes current and historical financial information on individual equities, stock market indices, fixed-income securities, currencies, commodities, and futures for both international and domestic markets. Users can also find company profiles and financial statements, analysts' forecasts, news on worldwide financial markets, and audio and video interviews and presentations by key players in business and finance.