- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Board on Population Health and Public Health Practice
Issues affecting the public’s health. In studies ranging from core principles and needs in the field to specific issues such as vaccine safety, pandemic preparedness issues, smoking cessation, health disparities, and reducing environmental and occupational hazards, BPH considers the best ways to ensure the health of the public. ,,,
- CDC - Data & Statistics
All CDC data and statistics, by topic.
- CDC Features: Data & Statistics
Featured articles on data and statistics topics.
- CDC. Surveys and Data Collection Systems
NCHS data systems and surveys are ongoing annual systems while others are conducted periodically. NCHS has two major types of data systems: systems based on populations, containing data collected through personal interviews or examinations; and systems based on records, containing data collected from vital and medical records.
- CDC. The Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS)
The Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) is the world’s largest, on-going telephone health survey system, tracking health conditions and risk behaviors in the United States yearly since 1984. Currently, data are collected monthly in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam.
- Comprehensive Epidemiological Data Resources - Dept of Energy
- County Health Rankings
The County Health Rankings are a key component of the Mobilizing Action Toward Community Health (MATCH) project. MATCH is a collaboration between the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute.
- Guide to Community Preventive Services
Resource to help you choose programs and policies to improve health and prevent disease in your community.
- HCUPnet - Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) -
- Health Indicators Warehouse (HIW)
Developed by the National Center for Health Statistics
- HSR Information Central
Resources for the information needs of the Health Services Research Community. A research portal of with data, funding announcements, reports, podcasts, discussion groups, and more.
- Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME)
IHME works to identify the best strategies to build a healthier world. By measuring health, tracking program performance, finding ways to maximize health system impact, and developing innovative measurement systems, IHME provides a foundation for informed decision-making that ultimately will lead to better health globally.
- KIDS COUNT Data Center
The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, Office of Public Health
- Medicare Claims Public Use Files
Medicare Claims Public Use Files. Each file has its own documentation describing file layout and variable values, as well as program code for creating SAS datasets. Click on the link in the left menu for the specific PUF to access documentation and download instructions.
- Minnesota Population Center (MPC)
The Minnesota Census Researcher Data Center provides researchers with access to non-public versions of decennial census and demographic surveys, health data from the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), and economic census and surveys.
- NACCHO's Toolbox
Free, online collection of local public health tools produced by members of the public health community. Current examples of tools include, but are not limited to case examples, presentations, fact sheets, drills, evaluations, protocols, templates, reports, and training materials.
- National Academy of Sciences. Committee on Population
Knowledge and methods of the population sciences to bear on major issues of science and public policy.
- National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER)
Founded in 1920, the National Bureau of Economic Research is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization dedicated to promoting a greater understanding of how the economy works. Bureau associates concentrate on four types of empirical research: developing new statistical measurements, estimating quantitative models of economic behavior, assessing the economic effects of public policies, and projecting the effects of alternative policy proposals.
- NCHS - FastStats A to Z
- Numbers Count: Mental Disorders in America
- Office of Applied Studies (OAS). Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce -- Health Data Tools and Statistics
A collaboration of U.S. government agencies, public health organizations, and health sciences libraries which provides timely, convenient access to selected public health resources on the Internet.
- Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project
Produces reports that explore the impact of the Internet on families, communities, work and home, daily life, education, health care, and civic and political life.
- State Cancer Profiles
- Statehealthfacts.org / Kaiser Family Foundation
Statehealthfacts.org is a project of the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation and is designed to provide free, up-to-date, and easy-to-use health data for all 50 states. Statehealthfacts.org provides data on more than 700 health topics and is linked to both the Kaiser Family Foundation website (www.kff.org) and Kaiser Health News (http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/).
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Data Archive (SAMHDA)
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Statistics
- UDS Mapper
Geographic extent of U.S. federally (Section 330)-funded health centers. Requires free registration.
- USA.gov -- Data and Statistics – General Reference Resources
- Breastfeeding Report Card 2014: CDC